Unique

Kiev National Medical University is one of the leading institutes of Ukraine providing education to a large number of International students. O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University believes in producing a large number of experts and specialists almost every year.

Historical Background

 
1840
His Highness Emperor Mykola I, signed the Highest Rescript about opening the medical faculty at St. Volodymyr University (29.04 in the old style).
History of the University
   
 
1841
The decision for opening of the medical faculty
in September 1841 was approved.
History of the University
   
 
1842
During 1842, the activity of the medical faculty was brought into existence.
 
   
 
1843
Professor V.O. Karavayev became the first dean at Kiev National Medical University..
 
   
   
 
1853
Anatomical theater at medical faculty was opened.
History of the University
   
   
 
1881
The student's scientific society "Clinical society of students-doctors" was organized. The organizer of the society was A. Kysil, who later became a famous pediatrician and a public leader.
 
   
   
 
1885
The surgical and therapeutic clinics were constructed at the University.
History of the University
   
   
 
1888
The obstetric clinic was constructed.
 
   
   
 
1920
Kyiv Institute of Health Care, which united the medical faculty of St. Volodymyr University, Women's Medical Institute, medical faculty of Ukrainian state university, was established. The Odontologic university, later transformed into the faculty with the same name, was included into it in October 1920.
 
   
   
 
1921
Kyiv Institute of Health Care was renamed into Kyiv State Medical Academy, which later became Kyiv medical institute.
 
   
   
 
1930
The newspaper "Red doctors" which was renamed into "Medical cadres", was established in the year 1936.
 
   
   
 
1941
When the Great Patriotic War started the institute was evacuated to c. Kharkiv and later to Chelyabinsk.
 
   
   
 
1943
KMI renewed the classes in Kyiv
 
   
 
1946
Kyiv Medical Institute was given with the name of the President of Academy of Sciences of UkrSSR O.O. Bogomolets.
 
   
   
 
1965
The historical museum of medicine was organized on the basis of the institute.
 
   
   
 
1992
The institute was reorganized into Ukrainian O.O. Bogomolets state medical university.
 
   
   
 
1995
By the Decree from the President of Ukraine the university received the status of O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University.
 
   
   
 
2003
Professor V.F. Moskalenko was elected to the post of the rector by the conference of representatives of labor collective on democratic principles.
 
   
   
 
2004
The Bologna principle was implemented at the Kiev National Medical University.
 
   
   
 
2005
International Cooperation was intensified under the aegis of the University.
 
   
   
 
2006
The construction of the new modern academic laboratorial complex with the library was started at the Bogomolets National Medical University.
 
   
   
 
2007
Granted high level of accreditation from Ministry of Health care of Ukraine.
History of the University
   
   
 
2008
Famous lecture by laureate of Nobel Prize, who was awarded with the title of honorary doctor of medicine at the University
 
   
   
 
2010
The University was awarded with four golden medals at international specialized exhibitions.
History of the University
   
   
   
 
2011
The University joined to the association of the Great Charter for leading universities in the world.
History of the University